Monday, May 6, 2013

Rimmel-ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude

Hi dolls.  I picked up this pencil from Rimmel last month and have been using it quite consistently in order to do a review for you guys.
This is from Rimmel's ScandalEyes collection and cost me about $3 if I remember correctly.  I had been on the lookout for it because I had seen other people going on and on about it.  

I haven't tried any other colors from this collection, so I can't say much about them, but this is a creamy nude pencil that doesn't tug or drag across the skin.

The waterproof part is what really sold me.  I have really watery eyes, and nothing really lasts on my eyes, especially when I tightline or line my waterlineEven the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil that I have tried has smudged and worn away.

Anyways, this is a pencil that you do have to sharpen yourself once it gets dull, which is okay with me.  I really don't mind that part.  The aesthetics of the product are pretty cool too.  It also has the black wood, very reminiscent of the Urban Decay pencils.  The rest of the pencil is nude like the color, and has the Rimmel logo embossed in silver on it.  Very sleek.  The cap also stays put, and doesn't come off when stored sideways either.      
Performance wise, I was rather disappointed.  I wanted to use it on my lower lid on my waterline to brighten it up.  It goes on very nicely and it's very creamy, formula wise.  I just find that it just doesn't last for me...an hour tops.  Maybe I just have extra watery eyes?  I don't know, it's either that or I blink too much, and that really can't be helped.  :/ 

Here you can see a swatch of it on the back of my hand:  
It really is a true nude color, not too pink and not too peach.  It also has great color payoff as you can see.  I'm still just a tad bit disappointed that it wasn't an immediate favorite of mine. 

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment