Tuesday, May 7, 2013

L'Oreal-Shocking Extensions Telescopic Mascara Extreme Length

Hi dolls.  I picked up this new mascara from L'Oreal after hearing so many people talking about it.  I wanted to try it for myself and see what all of the fuss was about.
 
This mascara was on the pricier side, I believe that I paid around $10 for it at Ulta.

This is in the regular formula and in the color black.  I tend to not favor the waterproof mascaras.  

This is a lengthening mascara, which I was kind of excited for.  I mean, have you seen my short, stubby, straight Asian lashes?  

The packaging is pretty cool.  It looks like a telescope when you have the wand screwed onto the tube.  It doesn't come packaged together though, with the wand inside of the tube because I assume, they want customers to be able to see the pink wand.  
The pink cap on the tube comes off and you can just discard it after you open up the packaging.

What it claims:

And what a wand it is!  Here is what it looks like:
The wand has pink rubbery bristles that are meant to coat and grab each lash as well as deposit the mascara.  It is not evenly spaced all around as a traditional wand.  

 You are meant to twist the wand through the lashes to evenly distribute the mascara and as you pull towards the tips of you lashes, therein lies the extending part. 
So what do I think?  After trying it for about a month, here is my honest opinion.  

As a lengthening mascara, it just kind of makes my lashes look clumpy at the ends.  I use about two coats, and after two coats, I don't bother to put any more on because it will just look like a caked mascara mess at the ends.  
 
Here is how it looks like on my lashes:
You can see where it deposited and built up length at the ends of some lashes, but that length is often haphazard and makes my lashes look uneven.  I do like how it separates my lashes though, and the wand does allow you to get into the corners quite effortlessly. 

I could comb through my lashes with a lash comb, or just sit and pick at the ends with my fingers, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the mascara.   

It does hold a curl though, which I like, and doesn't flake off or leave me with any raccoon eyes.  I can appreciate that.

I just don't think that it does a whole lot for my lashes as far as lengthening..I can see how other people who have longer, thicker lashes might really like it.  
I will continue to use this product though,  because I did spend money on it, but I don't think that I will repurchase when it's gone.  It just didn't impress me that much.  

Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment