Monday, April 1, 2013

Lorac Pro Palette-Swatches & Review

Hello dolls.  Yes, I finally got my hands on it...the Lorac Pro Palette.  I know, I just can't help myself, but I promise, I got it for a great deal!
I picked this up over the weekend from Ulta, and it normally retails for $42, but with a 20% off coupon and some Ulta member point redeeming, I got it for only $32!

It was also the very last one on the shelf, and so I am so glad that I snatched it up while I could.

Let me just say this is a gorgeous palette.  The colors are all right up my alley, 16 beautiful mattes and shimmers!  Oh my.  I can't wait to use it.  
As you probably already know, the top row is all matte and the bottom row colors are all shimmery.  I love the mix!  It's great to have mattes and shimmers all in one palette, because it's so much more versatile.  Also, I personally don't like to wear all matte or all shimmer on my eyes-it's just too much.  I do wear shimmer shadows more often, but I compensate that with highlighting with a matte shade in my brow area.


Swatches!

I will be posting this in little quads, starting from the lightest colors all the way at the left side of the palette and working towards the darker colors.  As always, I swatched these all with my finger and no primer underneath, on the underside of my arm.








I really can't say enough about how buttery smooth these shadows are, and how expensive they feel -without the heavy price tag!  I can see why so many people like this palette!

The shadows are finely milled and really are just perfection.  The names of each of the shadows are also true to life, and so you don't have anything really fancy going on there, which is appreciated.  
It also came with a little eye primer, but I stored that for future use.  I'm currently working through another UDPP and don't like to open too many products at once.  

There is a large mirror on top of the palette, which makes this travel friendly.  The packaging is cardboard, but it has a rubbery texture to it, much like Nars products, which can hold onto fingerprints and dust.  

I do plan on doing a look with this palette soon, so keep an eye out for that. 


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Why oh why do I want this and know good and well I don't need it. Really nice palette! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see your eye looks...I know they will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete