Thursday, March 28, 2013

Revlon-Nearly Naked Foundation Review

Hello dolls.  I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.  As I mentioned before, I picked up this foundation at the same time as my CoverGirl 3 in 1.  
This was around $10 at Target, but I had some coupons that I was able to use to get it for a tad bit cheaper.  (Is it just me or does anyone else think that drugstore foundations are ridiculously priced nowadays?)

It comes in a glass bottle, with a twist off cap.  I would much rather prefer a pump, but whatever.  You get one fluid ounce, which is pretty standard for a foundation.  

I picked up the shade Fresh Beige, but there is quite a selection of colors available from the line- 16 to be exact.  This foundation also has SPF in it, a plus for the summertime sun-which is when I plan to switch over to this foundation.
I wouldn't say it matches me perfectly, but it is pretty decent.  I would say that this is a light coverage foundation.  It blends out easily and is buildable but in all honesty, it reminded me of a really watery tinted moisturizer.  
I apply this to my face with my Elf flat top face powder brush, and buff it in.  I have been preferring that method rather than my fingers, even if it means more brush shampooing.  It just gives me a more air brushed look.  

This foundation does set pretty quickly, but it's not matte, as the CoverGirl one is.  I find that I do have to set it with a powder before heading out of the door, especially in my t-zone area.  I am an oily gal, and this foundation did not really do anything as far as oil control. The coverage is just so light that all of my oil just seeps through.

I have not been reaching for this foundation as often as my CoverGirl one for those reasons.  I do see myself going to it for the summer months, as it is light enough on the skin to allow it to breathe.  

On another note, I have been trying to post, I swear!  But my computer keeps giving me an error message each time I try to upload a new draft onto Blogger!  So frustrating.  Anyways, I went to the Google forum to see what I could do to fix it and other people were saying to go to Google Chrome instead and access Blogger that way.  That fixed my problem, but it has been extremely inconvenient.  :/  I hope this gets resolved soon.  Sorry for the rant.

 Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment