Thursday, March 28, 2013

March-Dollar Tree Finds

Hello dolls.  Welcome to this month's edition of Dollar Tree Finds.
I didn't hit the motherload this month, as it seems like after one holiday proceeds another.  This month was St. Patty's day stuff and Easter all in one, so the makeup aisle sort of suffered.  I did manage to find some goodies though.


NYC Polishes 
These polishes came out last year with NYC's Summer in the City collection, and Peach Sparkle was one of the must-have polishes.  I didn't pick it up as I didn't think it was really flattering on me, but G over at Nouveau Cheap thought it was pretty.

I swatched Peach Sparkle, and as figured, I didn't like it.  It's too light for my skin tone, and makes my fingers look dirty.  It's also very sheer, and requires three coats to be opaque.  But two polishes for a dollar is quite a deal, especially limited edition polishes, and so I can't complain much.


Elf Lengthening and Defining Mascara
I have never tried a mascara from Elf yet, can you believe that?  Granted, these are only a dollar, but I don't remember seeing mascara over at Target.  I don't have a lot of expectations for this mascara, as I pulled it out of the tube and the formula is very oily and dry.  
The wand is pretty typical, and I got the color Black.  I haven't tried this out yet, as I am still working through my L'Oreal mascara but when I do, I will get a proper review up on the good ole blog for you guys.


Elf Eyeshadow Brush
Lastly, I picked up another eyeshadow brush from Elf.  These are seriously some of my favorite brushes.  This is my fifth one actually.  I always keep two of these brushes in my daily makeup brush organizer, because I use them so often.  
They wash out nicely and I haven't experienced any shedding with the ones that I have.  Because they are mass produced though, you will see some varying differences in them i.e. the length is not all of the same, and the amount of bristles might differ from brush to brush.  I like to pull out a couple of them at once at the store and compare them to get the best ones.  But seriously, for $1?  How can you not pick these up?  I would recommend these for those who are beginning in makeup and not quite sure which eye shadow brushes to get yet.

And that's it for this month's edition of Dollar Tree Finds.  Did you get lucky this month at your Dollar Tree?  Do tell!


Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment