Monday, February 4, 2013

Wet 'n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color- Pocketful of Roses

Hi dolls.  I saw a new display of Wet 'n Wild products, and picked up one of the new Megalast glosses to show you all.  I picked out #928A, in Pocket of Roses.
I think that these retail for $2.99 each, but let me know if I'm wrong.  In fact, some of these had peel off coupons for $1 off in the display, so if you want to try these, make sure you reach for one with a peelie.  Pocket of Roses is a pink gloss with silver shimmer mixed in.  It looks very pretty in the tube, but on my lips, I was not a fan.  

The doe foot applicator had an appropriate amount of product, and it was easy to apply.  A tad thicker than I expected, but it dried and set fairly quick.  
This is just one coat on my lips shown.  Let me just say, I was not into it.  First of all, this color turned up extremely frosty on me.  NOT cool.  I didn't expect all of that shimmer to do that and leave me with grandma lips.  No thanks. 

Also, the formula left something to be desired.  See how it accentuates all of my lines and cracks?  Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate if you use this.  It also doesn't feel very good on...very, very dry.  In fact, I didn't even wear it.  I swatched it on my lips, took photos and immediately took it off because I just didn't like it. 

Removal was pretty easy for me because I just applied and then wiped off-but I expect that if you leave this on a while, you would probably have to use an oil based makeup remover to take it off.  I also don't see how you could reapply this color as the day wears on, because it kind of 'chips' away off the lips.  If you reapplied-you would have lots of uneveness.  (I experienced the 'chipping' when I was removing the lip color off of me and had to really work at it to scrub it off because I just used a makeup wipe.)

This liquid lipstick did not deter me from wanting to try the red one from this line, but overall, I would not recommend this particular lip color.  Stay away from Pocketful of Roses.  Stay.  Away. 

Have you seen these pop up in your area yet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment