Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Urban Decay-Naked Basics Palette

Hi dolls.  I finally picked up the new Urban Decay Basics palette this week.  It's been on my wish list ever since it came out, just because I don't have any really good neutral shadows in my collection.  I also love Urban Decay products-they have never let me down when it comes to shadows. 
 
I'm sure that you have already seen pictures and posts of this palette but I wanted to share my own two cents on it.

First of all, this palette comes with six shadows, two of which are repeats.  Foxy is already a color in the Naked2 palette and WOS (Walk of Shame) is a single shadow that can be purchased from the line.
You wouldn't expect less than the best when it comes to pigmentation and quality in Urban Decay shadows, and these colors are all superb.  Buttery smooth and finely milled, these are not the least bit powdery and feel utterly luxurious on your lids.

Some people have been calling this an all matte shadow palette, but Venus (the shade all the way to the left) has some sheen to it.  It is described as a satin on the packaging.  I don't mind that Venus is included in this palette though, because I think it makes a rather pretty highlight color, especially when you're already wearing all matte shadows on your eyes.  
Others complain that Foxy and WOS are too similar in color on the skin.  I can see why, because when brushed and blended out, they do sheer out someIn my swatches though, you can see that WOS has just a touch more pink to it than Foxy does.  These two colors also might not show up on fairer skin tones just because they are so light.  

Crave is definitely a new favorite.  I loved how intense it swatched.  I can never find a true matte black shadow and Crave just fits the bill to a tee.  
I also like how compact this product is, it fits nicely into the palm of your hand!  That makes it nice for travel or putting into your purse.  There is also a nice, big mirror included on the top when you flip it open for touch ups. 
This palette is more affordable at just $27, so I didn't feel incredibly guilty when I picked it up.  It is a nice addition to the Naked range, especially if you are a fan of mattes.  

I love Urban Decay products and this palette was not a disappointment.  I would recommend this to anyone who was looking for matte colors to add to their collection or to anyone is a fan of neutrals for that matter.   

On a side note, I am eyeing up the new Wizard of Oz palettes that have just been released!  Are you?!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment