Friday, February 8, 2013

Nicole By OPI-Kim Konfidential

Hi dolls.  I picked up this new polish from TJ Maxx and I am in love with it!  It looks like a boring neutral polish in the bottle, but I am really loving in it on my nails!  I have used it to as a base to create the following manis:
This one is so girly-it's my favorite.  I got so many compliments while wearing it!  I used two coats of Kim Konfidential as a base, then an assorted range of polishes from Revlon, Essie, Barielle and Sally Hansen to create this look.
Right Hand Design:
I've always seen these mish-mashed nail designs floating around, but never took the time to execute my own til now.  The roses were a hit and miss on my left hand, but by the time I got to my right hand I think I got the technique down. 

I just used dotting tools and a small striper brush to create the dots and roses.  For the stripes I attempted to use my Hello Kitty Nail art pen in white, but it didn't really work out-thus the thicker stripe on my left hand.  Also, it reacted funny when I put Seche Vite on top of it, if you look closely you can tell that the white stripes have little cracks in them.  That was due to the formula in that nail pen.  Needless to say, I won't be using that again.

The white 3D bows are from BornPretty.com and are reusable, even if they are quite cumbersome because they keep on getting caught in my hair. :/

The other look that I created with this polish is fairly simple, it's just a black angled french tip.  So chic, right?
I didn't take any photos of this mani under my Ottlite though, so my Iphone collage will have to do.  You can use tape to create crisper lines, but I just free handed this.  I used my Wet 'n Wild black creme to create the tips, and topped everything off with Seche Vite.

Here is Kim Konfidential all by itself.  I think that it has a touch of peach to it, so it lends itself really nicely as a blank canvas for nail art.  Which is probably why I was so inspired upon using it. :)
This polish is definitely going up on my 'Obsessed' list for this month.  What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment