Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sally Hansen-Quick Care Cuticle Treatment

Hi there dolls.  I don't know about you, but my hands sure take a real beating in the winter.  My cuticles are the worst when the cold weather strikes, so moisturizer is my friend.  I saw this cuticle treatment being marked down to clearance at Walgreens the last time I was in there, so I picked it up for less than $4.
It comes in a pen-type packaging with a bottom that twists in order to dipense the product.  
Here is what it claims on the back of the box:
Sounds intriguing right?  I was willing to give this a try and see what kind of results I would get. 

When you take off the cap, the applicator looks like this.  It is a rubber tip, with small nubs to help massage the treatment into your cuticles and nails. 
The product comes out from a small hole in the tip, like so-after several twists from the bottom.
I also really like the flat rectangular piece that sticks out from the tip.  This is great for getting the product into and around the nails.
Here, I have applied it liberally to my cuticles.  As you can see, it does have a bit of a greasy shine to it.  Nothing too bad though.
(Don't mind the chipped polish- I was about to take this off anyways, and was test driving the treatment.)

I like to use this pen when I'm sitting down on the sofa, watching mindless tv before bed.  I only use this when I'm done with my manicure and my nail color has completely dried. 

My only complaint would be the smell.  I'm not a fan of it, and though I can't put my finger on what it smells like, I just know that it's bothersome to me.

How do you take care of your cuticles in the winter?

Love,

1 comment:

  1. I'm horrible about taking care of my cuticles...when they get bad, I have some Poshe cuticle treatment that I use.

    ReplyDelete