Monday, January 21, 2013

Maybelline-Color Whisper Lipsticks

Hi dolls.  I finally spotted the new Maybelline Color Whispers when I was at Ulta the other day, and picked up two colors from the collection.
I got numbers #20, Mocha Muse and #25 in Lust for Blush.  I decided to go with the more neutral colors for my first two lipsticks.
 Lust for Blush & Mocha Muse
The packaging on these lipsticks is simply adorable.  They echo the Color Sensational line, but these are taller and slimmer.  There is silver foiled writing on the side of the tubes too, so you don't mistake them for one of your Color Sensational lipsticks if you happen to toss these in your purse.

The bullet is round and twists up from a silver tube.  The pigmenation and wear is meant to be sheer and be lip-balm like.  I think that these are actually comparable to Revlon's Lip Butters.
I have been wearing Mocha Muse nonstop and I really like it.  It doesn't feel heavy on my lips and it's very moisturizing.  I like the wear time on it, even though it's not amazing like a long wear lipstick, it doesn't wear off as quickly for me as the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms.
Mocha Muse is a very pretty my lips but better color and Lust for Blush is a milky baby pink.  The entire collection has about 20 colors though, so there is a little something for everyone.

Mocha Muse:
 Lust for Blush:
Overall, I think that these definitely give the Revlon Lip Butters a run for their money.  They are about $7 to $8 each, depending on where you get them, but quite comparable in price to the Lip Butters anyways.  I haven't decided yet if I like the Color Whispers line more, because I want to try more colors yet.  

If you are a sheer lippie fanatic, try these!  I think that you will really like them.  I really enjoy the formula and the range of colors available.   I am definitely going to go back for more from this line.  Have you tried them yet?

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like just my kind of thing! I was thinking about buying them and now I think I will. I love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! Let me know how you like them!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I could pull those colors off but I swear, you can wear anything! They look really good on you. I have yet to try Revlon's lip butters or these, but I've heard great things about Revlon's lip butters and these seem to be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, Mocha Muse is actually pretty sheer and nude. I bet you could pull it off!

      Delete