Monday, August 27, 2012

Transitions

Hello dolls.  Sorry I haven't been as punctual with my posting these last few days.  I have been super busy and blogging has sort of taken a back seat (just for now).  

Here is what I have been working on: 
Before:
 After Day 1:
Yes, I have my own classroom!  I got a job teaching third grade (part-time, in the mornings) at a local school earlier this month.  I was just able to finally get into my classroom last week Friday because I was on vacation.  It was a little overwhelming when I walked in, but I was super excited to see the changes at the end of Friday.

Here is some DIY decor that I put together for my classroom.  I decided to go with a rainbow theme for my room, as it was too late to do anything else.  

I made a yarn-wrapped wreath and hot glued kanzashi fabric flowers that I made to it.  It's hanging in my classroom already, so I will have to take a better picture of it if I remember.
 Kanzashi Flowers before the wreath:
The picture frame idea came from Pinterest.  I would link it for you all, but I didn't pin it onto my account because I was just doing a quick Google search at the time, and now I can't find it. If I do come across it again, I will link it.

I will take more photos as soon as I unpack more boxes and organize a little bit more.  I went in on Saturday and was there from 9 this morning til 6:30 tonight trying to get ready for Open House on Wednesday. 

I am super stoked and am really just a ball of nerves.  This is my first year teaching and I just hope that I don't make too many mistakes.  Wish me luck!

Love,

2 comments: