Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gradient Rainbow Nails :)

Hello dolls.  Here is what I am wearing on my nails:
A rainbow gradient!  I wanted to do all the colors on one nail, but realized that my nails are not long enough to get them all on there, so I did it alternating instead.

Here is what I used from Sinful Colors to create this look:
Red- Ruby Ruby
Orange-Hazard
Yellow-Pull Over
Green-Exotic Green
Blue-Grecian Blue
Purple-Amethyst
This was my first time trying a gradient by simply painting on the sponge, using the Nailasaurus' method.  It really is easy to do if you haven't tried it yet. :)

First, I did two coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in White On as my base coat.  I let that dry for a while and then gathered up my materials for sponging. 

You will need:
  • Sponges (I used makeup sponges from the dollar store)
  • Acetone
  • Brush
  • Work mat (I used a styrofoam plate) 
  • Creme* colors of your choice 
  • Topcoat
*I tried using a purple shimmer first (SFC: Fuji) and it was very watery
I pressed a little too hard when I did my left hand, so the color is more vibrant and doesn't fade as well, like a gradient should.  On my right hand, I think I did a better job on the last three fingers as I sponged it lighter and was able to manipulate it more.  I also like how the white shows through in some places.  Must practice more.  
Your nails are going to be a bit bumpy, but a good quick-drying topcoat should do the trick.  I used my HG, Seche Vite to top off this mani.
This is such a cool trend.  I will be experimenting more with other colors.  Have you tried this yet?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment