Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jewelry Haulage

Hey dolls.  Here is another one of those collective posts-this one featuring jewelry that I have recently picked up.

First, my favorite piece.  I got this beautiful necklace for $10 from a vendor in MN. 
I almost didn't get it but the hub convinced me otherwise.  I'm glad I did.  It is on a longer chain than what is pictured.  These necklaces tarnish rather quickly if left out, so I keep it in a plastic zippered bag when I'm not wearing it.

From the same vendor, I also got this piece:
There is a small blemish on the bottom of the pendant so she gave it to me for $8 instead. This also hangs on a longer chain that what is pictured above.  I just shorten and pin the chains in the back of display for picture purposes.  

I stopped in at Forever21 as well and picked up these pieces:
I love statement jewelry and I think that the necklace would look amazing with a simple white tee and black trousers.  So cool.  I usually don't wear bracelets because I find them cumbersome, but this one caught my eye.  I love the vintage vibe I get off of it and the bow was what sealed the deal.  I also have had a thing for big, statement rings as well lately. 

See the rest of the statement jewelry I got from H&M below:
These are such great pieces at under $6 each!  I love H&M jewelry, don't you?


I also like my quaint and dainty little pieces as well.  Here is a recent acquirement that I have been wearing daily:
I bought this at a department store for under $7.  Bows + jewelry=so me!
At Wet Seal, I got some more stud earrings.  Studs have been my latest obsession when it comes to earrings.  And check out the bows!  I don't even really mind that I got two pairs of the same black daisy earrings.  :)
And I thought I would take this opportunity to show you how I store my bulkier rings.  My husband made me this little stand and I just stack them on!
It certainly makes life easier because I don't have to worry about them stretching out the ring holder in my jewelry box.  And it's a pretty way to display them at the same time. 

What do you think of statement jewelry?  I love it-but in moderation.  One piece at a time ladies, one piece at a time...  

Enjoy your day,

4 comments:

  1. ooh..! love the teal ring and the leaf ring :) and OMG, HE made that!? what a good idea - ADDED to my DIY list! and i just PINNED it on pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an di was going to comment on the other things as well - but got sidetracked when i saw that ring holder thing - holy moly! anyways, just wanted to also say... those silver necklaces are only $10 or less? wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he made it at work. I can ask him if u would like one. U just have to spray paint it so it won't rust.

      Delete
  3. ask him..! please? i'll spray paint; i'll spray paint!!

    ReplyDelete