Friday, January 13, 2012

Maybelline-Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine

Hey dolls.  I caved and finally bought one of the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes.  I had read about these on several blogs and I wanted to try them for myself. 
I chose Plum Wine to try because it seemed like such a lovely shade for these cold winter months.  
I had read that these aren't very pigmented and rather sheer, so I only got one to try first.  The bouncy factor is rather novel.  It reminds me of an ink pad.  I used my fingers to apply this product because I'm not sure if a brush would pick up much pigment. At first, I was rather disappointed at how sheer it was on my cheeks but I was able to build the color up to a nice and natural flush.
 Swatch: Plum Wine in natural lighting
The blush itself is encased in a plastic case which flips open and close.  It snaps shut tightly so that the blush does not dry out. 

Final Thoughts 

Pros:
  • Novel cosmetic-nothing on the quite market like it
  • Variety of shades available
  • Sheer but buildable color
  • Melts into skin with a creme finish
 Cons:
  • Pricey at $8 for drugstore blush 
Repurchase? Yes, after trying this one, I wouldn't mind picking up another shade to try.  
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment