Friday, December 2, 2011

November-Running on Empty

Hey friends.  Here is this month's edition of Running on Empty:

This I bought a while ago and it's been sitting in my shower since.  I used it off and on- but since starting these editions on my blog- I have been more diligent in using it.  

I really liked this product when I first used it but now that I am through with it- I won't be repurchasing.  It does warm upon contact with water, but it doesn't last very long.  The micro-beads might be too harsh if you have sensitive skin, though I find that they don't bother me.  I just don't like how it leaves my skin with a layer of film after using it.  I don't know how to explain it, but I just don't like how that feels.  I like my skin squeaky clean after I wash it and then I let my other products sink in, so this was just meh for me.

I bought this from Wags a long, long time ago.  I had gotten two bottles and one bottle I have already gone through and tossed.  This is the second bottle.  I am not sure if I have really noticed a big difference with using heat protectants with my hair but I still like to think that I am being pro-active.  lol.  I will not be repurchasing this particular product though.  I had bought some backups of the Tresemme heat protectant this summer that I need to get through.

3. Seche Vite Top Coat
The only top coat that I use.  Pretty much holy grail status for me.  A little pricey at $8 and up, depending on where you buy from.  I have found that it's cheapest at Walgreens-for just $8.99 a bottle.  I already picked up a backup of this from Sally's on sale for $6.99.

This does get very gloopy towards the end of the bottle-which means I have to thin it out with nail polish thinner like crazy.  I am keeping the empty bottle to hold a future fraken though.


That's it for this month's edition of Running on Empty.  What did you run out of this month?


Always,

1 comment: