Tuesday, October 11, 2011

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

I am not very brand loyal when it comes to mascaras.  I like to try different brands and different styles all of the time.  Don't get me wrong,  I do have my HG mascaras too but it's always nice to branch out and try new things.  

Here is the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara.  I purchased this for around $6 at my local Walmart. This mascara is packaged in a sleek, mirrored gold tube.  The name of the mascara is etched into the front of the tube in black, but the L'Oreal logo is not.  It took me a while to remember what brand this mascara was-I had to Google it because I threw away the packaging already. 
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara
The brush head is a little bit larger than what I would like, but it works.  I just have to be careful when applying not to poke myself or get the wand in under my lids.  Other than that, the wand itself is made from plastic.  I normally don't like the flimsy plastic brushes because they yield too much to my lashes but this one is pretty hefty and does the job well.  The bristles are spaced so that I can get good, even coverage on each individual lash.  I just wish that the tip was tapered more with smaller bristles so that I can get into the little corners and what not.  I did not really see 'voluminous' lashes, but it did separate and coat each individual lash.  That is what is important to me because I have sparse, little lashes. 

The stopper leaves just enough mascara on the wand, which I like, but the tip of the mascara always has a little bit extra.  When putting the wand back into the tube, it lines up nicely with the lettering on the front and twists closed into a reassuring click.  Nice.  

Here I am wearing the mascara on my lashes:
The formula tries to elongate my lashes but I get annoyed because I think it just clumps at then tips.  I end up picking off the clumps with my fingers at the end.  

Overall, I think that the sleek packaging is very nice.  The wand is great for being plastic and allows for great coverage, but the formula is just too clumpy for me.  


Butterfly kisses & hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment