Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Glam I Am

Here are the other two things that I got when I visited the CCO in Baraboo, Wisconsin.  There were slim pickings from MAC, which was kind of disappointing.  Mostly foundations and a couple of shadow singles from previous collections.  Nothing that I really wanted though.  I just wanted to pick up more MAC lipsticks, but nothing really appealed to me in the store.  

I ended up picking up the Lady Gaga Viva Glam lipstick and a Dazzlegloss.  
 My MAC buys from the CCO
 MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2
 MAC Dazzlegloss Creme in Lightly Prancing
Lightly Prancing was released with the A Tartan Tale holiday collection in 2010.  

Swatches of the lipstick and dazzlegloss below:
Swatch:  MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2
 Swatch: Dazzlegloss creme in Lightly Prancing
I think that the lipstick looks too much like concealer on me.  A miss for my skin tone.  Maybe with a lighter hand and some pink liner underneath I can make it work.  I like the Dazzlegloss, but not in love with it.  It looked so pretty in the tube, but the amount of gold glitter is almost overkill.  Also, it's rather sheer on the lips.  Maybe better for layering.  

C'est la vie.

Glamour & Glitter,

No comments:

Post a Comment