Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Running on Empty

I saw this concept on another blog and I thought "What a great idea!" because I just end up throwing out things as they run out.  Some things I replace or I have a backup of (if I really love it) and some are things that I would not repurchase. And-I feel that these entries are so much more informative than "haul" entries because you have actually used these products for a while so you can give your honest thoughts and opinions on them!  *Genius*  Just wish I would have thought of it first so that I could give myself the credit. :D

So...here are the things that I ran out of this month:

First up, Mink eyeshadow single from CoverGirl.  Okay-so this is a picture of my new shadow single and not an empty one but I had already thrown out the empty one before I had come across the other blog... ^_^ 
 CG eye shadow single in Mink
So to make a long story short, I have been using this color since high school and I have just never parted ways with it.  It is a staple in my makeup case for those days that I am in a hurry.  I just sweep it all over the lid and add a matte white highlight color and I'm good, baby.  Love this color and I usually buy backups when CoverGirl is on sale or I have good coupons.

Next up is Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous mascara in Very Black.  I have had this particular tube for a long time, maybe 6 months?--anyways, longer than I'm supposed to for sanitary reasons but I just love this mascara.  I love the brush that comes with this tube because it is small and stiff and just gets down and dirty with my lashes.  This stuff does not mess around.  I am very sad that I have to throw it out this month because it is rather dried up and cakey. 
 Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous
I did buy a backup of the Lash Stiletto but in the black tube.  I couldn't find my red tube at the particular drugstore that I was at so I settled on this one.  One thing that I noticed about this black tube was the weird funky smell that it had, 'cause my red tube didn't have a scent at all.  Weird.  

Here is my Maybelline Dream Mouse concealer in Cream Light.  I had purchased this at Big Lots for some ridiculously low price, fell in love with it and ran back to get a backup.  I have gone through this entire jar and am now on my backup jar.  I also saved this jar so that I could find another use for it because it is very hefty.
 Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Cream Light
I am so very sad that Maybelline has discontinued this particular product.  I went back to Big Lots earlier this month, but I couldn't find anymore of these so I guess I have to find something else to love pretty soon.  I love the coverage that these concealers offer.  I place it under my eyes to cover up dark circles and to cover up acne scars and marks.  These really do cover like a dream.  *sigh* 

This isn't really a beauty product per-say, but I thought I would include it anyways.  A trail size bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo.  
I use this to deep clean my make up brushes.  It smells so good and leaves my brushes soft and clean.  I will be purchasing a full size bottle soon.  It's cheaper than many makeup brush cleansers out there anyways.
 
Next up, Pantene conditioner.  I go through shampoo and conditioner like crazy.  I am not really brand loyal either, I just buy what's on sale and what I have coupons for. 
I bought this conditioner in conjunction with a shampoo, but the conditioner ran out first because I alternate my shampoos every other day.  This conditioner leaves my hair soft and silky which is very important because I have been using heat products on my hair a lot lately.  I only apply conditioner to the ends of my hair when I am in the shower because I have oily roots.

What did you run out of this last month?

 Love,

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that concealer. I still have mine and only use it on those days when I really need a good concealer... wish they still made them!

    ReplyDelete