Monday, August 15, 2011

Ulta Lash Extension Lengthening Mascara

I picked up this mascara from Ulta in June but haven't gotten around to using it til now.  I have been using Maybelline's Lash Stiletto for a while now and I haven't had time to mess around with new mascaras.  I like what's tried and true, especially if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere.  

Anyways, this mascara was on sale for around $5 if I remember correctly.  The packaging is very cute and girlie-- pink and shiny. The tube itself is very long and skinny.  
The one thing that I was unsure about was the wand.  This is no ordinary wand.  I mean-where are the bristles?  When I first opened it up I thought I had a defected wand. lol.  But if you look closely, you'll see little ridges in the wand.  Yup-they're there.
I just wasn't sure about how this wand would actually lengthen my lashes if I couldn't even get my lashes in between the wand.  Anyways, here is my attempt at using this mascara.  
 Ulta Lash Extension Lengthening Mascara 
The formula in this mascara is rather wet.  I found it hard to work with.  It clumped on my lashes and it was difficult to get close to the base of my lashes.  Though getting my lashes in between the brush wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  I could clearly see the ridges in the brush as soon as I pulled it away from my lashes.  

Here I had to use a lash comb to comb through my lashes to get rid of the excess mascara. 
I think that this mascara would work better for someone with longer, thicker lashes.  I mean-longer and thicker than what I have obviously.  :/

Overall, packaging is nice but formula is a no-go for me.  :(

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment