Thursday, August 18, 2011

New York Color-Madison Avenue

This is a new NYC nail polish color that I picked up while I was at Walmart.  I had a coupon that I clipped from the July issue of All You magazine for $1 off any NYC cosmetics item $1.72 or more.  So after the coupon savings = .72 cents for nail polish.  Deal! 

Anyways, I have some of the old NYC polishes before they were all repackaged.  These new bottles are tapered so that towards the neck of the bottle is wider than the base.  Most of the nail polishes that I went through were renamed after places in New York City.  The older bottles were square or round and only had numbers for names.
I picked out this color in #226 in Madison Avenue.  I thought that this was a bright magenta color with some silver shimmer running through it. On my nails though, it looks more red and the shimmer doesn't really translate. This is three coats and dry time is awesome.  No problems with bubbling or formula getting gloopy.
 NYC Madison Avenue- no topcoat
 NYC Madison Avenue- in shade
See how shiny it is without a top coat?  I thought that it would be more pink but I'm kind of glad that it leans more towards a red.  I was even inspired to do some nail art and dug out nail stickers. 
I adhered them with some tweezers and then layered on one coat of Seche Vite to seal them in.  I think that I will be rockin' this mani for at least a couple of days. 

Couponing,

No comments:

Post a Comment