Saturday, August 20, 2011

August Dollar Tree Finds

Hello!  So, I am thinking of doing monthly Dollar Tree beauty finds on my blog...but I realize that my Dollar Tree won't necessarily carry the things that your Dollar Tree might.  Because this is the case, I do invite you to comment and message me about things that you are finding as well.  :)  

Anyways, there were not a lot of new things that I found this this week when I went, so I only got two things.  

My Dollar Tree had two entire rows of these NYC Matte Powder foundations when I stopped in, so they must have just gotten these shipped.  I went through a couple of them and they were all just one shade, Midtown Medium.  I picked up one to try for now.  I might go back and pick up another one to stash away for future giveaways/contest prizes.  I also saw these on display at Kmart while I was there this month, so maybe these were overstock?  I dunno.  I just know I would rather pay $1 than $5. :)
I also found this lash curler from Sally Hansen.  It doesn't look like any lash curler that I have had before.  Unique.  Kinda bulky, but unique.  I haven't tried it yet, but a review will come in the near future.
I also noticed some more LA Girls trio shadows but I haven't had much luck with this particular brand so I didn't bother with them.  That's all I got so far from Dollar Tree this month.  Have you had any luck?   

**Update 8/26
I went back to my Dollar Tree this week and came across some Elf cosmetics that were not previously displayed.  They had some of the lip glosses that twist up, but I wasn't inclined to try them.  Here is what I ended up getting:
 Elf fluffy eye shadow brush
I already have a bunch of these, but I believe a girl can never have too many fluffy eye shadow brushes.  These are nice and great for an all over lid color. 
 Elf Brightening Eye Color in Drama
 Swatches from left to right:
This is my first quad from Elf.  I think this palette is rather powdery and the glitter chunks in the silvers make it hard to swatch, which would ultimately make it hard to blend on the eye.  Prob will end up giving this away to my niece.


Also got two Elf Studio shadow singles, one in Saddie and one in Sand Dollar.
 Elf Shadow Single in Saddie
 Elf shadow single in Sand Dollar
 Swatches:  Top-Sand Dollar and Bottom- Saddie
Not as pigmented as I would like, but for $1 each instead of $3, they are nice to add to my collection.  
 
*Not really beauty related, but I also went to Goodwill and found these clear rubber stamps on clearance for only .10 cents each!  I bought ten of them.  I have been an avid scrapbooker for many years now but lately I have been neglecting it.  New materials always put me back in the mood.
I also found this glass cup for .99 cents. It has pretty holographic colors running throughout it.  It just had to come home with me.  After a little Goo-gone spray and some washing, it now houses my eye liners and jumbo pencils.   
I love going to thrift stores to find unique (and cheap) buys.  Some of my favorite things in my house are from the thrift stores.  :)

Dollar deals,

1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST!I NEVER WOULD THINK DOLLER TREE SALED NYC Matte Powder foundations I HAVE ONE OF THOSE AND I GOT AT RITE AID I PROBALLY PAYED LIKE 3 SOMETHING WOW HOW I WISH I KNEW SOONER!THANK FOR SHARING THIS I AM HAVE TO GO TO DOLLER TREE AND SEE WHAT I FIND!!

    ReplyDelete