Thursday, June 9, 2011

Timeless Skin

I found this St. Ive's facial scrub at the Dollar Tree and I picked it up out of curiosity.  It is a daily microderm-abrasion scrub designed to reveal "younger looking refined skin" with fine mineral crystals that are mixed into the product.  I really like to use scrubs that exfoliate at the same time but haven't really been having much luck with my Proactive scrub lately so I was wondering if this product could do something for me.
This product comes in a squeeze tube and dispenses in an almost gel-like form.  This is also made with 100% natural exfoliants so it is gentle enough for daily use. 
I only used about dime sized amount to wash my face and this was more than sufficient.  I wet my face first and then massaged this product onto my skin.  I could immediately feel the tiny crystals through the gel and worked them into my skin with my fingertips to really exfoliate and slough off any dead skin.  (For comparison purposes-if you have used Proactive cleanser before, this one has even tinier particles than that.)  I massaged with my fingers for about thirty seconds before rinsing everything off with warm water.  After drying my skin, it felt very clean and soft.  But...

I find that the first time I use any cleanser is where I usually get the best results.  If I decide to continue to use that cleanser, it no longer leaves my skin squeaky clean.  Is it because my skin gets used to it?  I don't know.  I have finicky skin.  Always have.  *sigh*  I do try to alternate between my Proactive wash and my other St. Ive's warming scrub every other day though.  (See my St. Ive's warming scrub review here.)  

Also, would you believe that I have never used St. Ive's Apricot Scrub yet?  I have heard that the ground up apricot pits can actually cut into your skin so I have been hesitant to pick it up.  But I have also read reviews that this is great as a body scrub because it exfoliates so well.  What do you think?  Is it worth my time to pick this product up?

Scrubbed,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment