Sunday, June 5, 2011

And another one...

I did it again.  More nail polish.  But- I got really great deals on them all!  Really, I did!

First off- I went back to Big Lots orignally to get more of the Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer for $3 (which I did secure), but I found some other goodies.  I picked up this pack of Revlon nail polishes for $2.  I picked this one up because of the dark green nail polish #933 in Emerald City.  It was labled matte suede.  Matte suede?  Very curious.  It does have some shimmer running through the formula so I wonder how it would look like on. And I also really liked the pink coral color in #914 in Tropical Temptation.  What a great pedi color for the summer! 
 Revlon #914 Tropical Temptation
Revlon #933 Emerald City
I also found this Sula paint and peel nail polish in Tango on clearance for only .75 cents!  Sula nail polishes usually retail for around $10 each so this was a crazy deal.  See their website here.  I usually don't like to wear time for paint and peel polishes, so we'll see how this one does.  A review will be posted at a later time.
Sula Paint and Peel nail polish in Tango
I also picked out some things for a possible prize/giveaway in the near future while I was there.  Here is a sneak preview of what I got:
Then I went to Target because I had some coupons for nail polish that I wanted to use.  I had two Revlon coupons for $1 off any Revlon Colorburst lipgloss or Top Speed nail polish and I had two Target coupons for $1 off any Revlon product.  I picked out two Top Speed nail polishes, in #405 Peachy and #610 in Lily.  These were originally $4.99 each so I got them for $2.99 each after I stacked the coupons together.
I wore Peach the night I got these, but again I had so much bubbling.  I wonder if it is because of the nail ridge filler that I put on before the color and it being too thick?  (I usually do a base coat, nail ridge filler and then color) Anyways, I was thinking that it might be about time to pick up and try some Seche Vite.  Does anyone else run into this much trouble with Revlon nail polish formulas or is it just me?? 

Then I picked out two Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes, one in #130 Blue me Away and #340 Mint Sorbet.  I had two Target coupons for $1 off any Sally Hansen nail polish and I also had two coupons that I clipped from the Sunday ads for .50 cents off any Sally Hansen nail polish.  These were originally priced at $2.54 each, but I only paid $1.04 for both after stacking those coupons.

While I was at Target I found a bottle of Up and Up acetone nail polish remover for only .97 cents.  I was looking to purchase a bottle of acetone for cleaning up my nails during my mani process so this was a no brainer.  I also bought an Elf concealer brush for $1 to assist me in the clean up process.  I bought this brush because it is small and compact and can get into the cuticles and surrounding areas with ease.  I will do a how-to-clean up blog entry at a later point.
I also went to the Dollar General because I was curious as to what they now carry as far as cosmetics.  They have a limited selection of Wet 'n Wild products as well as CoverGirl and L.A. girls.  I was so happy to discover a display of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes there too!  These were only $2.50 each, a .04 cent difference from Target.  I had already used my coupons but I couldn't resist- I bought two more.  I got #300 White On and #220 Celeb City.  
 All 4 of the Sally Hansen NP frm left to right:  Mint Sorbet, Blue me Away, White On, Celeb City
And my current manicure.  I used two coats of Mint Sorbet, then used my nail dotting pen to create the flowers and dots.  I used Revlon's Peach to make the flowers and SH White On for the centers of the flowers.  Added two coats of Wet 'n Wild clear coat on top.
Dots and Daisies,
Cherrie 

2 comments:

  1. OMG woman, you found such good deals! Wausau doesn't have a big lots anymore, right? Which one do u go to?

    I hate revlon polishes because they frequently bubble up on me. I bought them because I couldnt pass up on a good deal, but have been disappointed time after time, so I just don't bother anymore. Hehe. seche vite dries fast and leaves a glossy finish but is really thick and turns gloppy. They make a thinner for it. U may have to pick that up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, we no longer have a Big Lots here in town but I go to school in Point so I go to their Big Lots.

    I had hoped to have better luck with these Top Speed polishes bc they dry quicker. I will def look into Seche Vite. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete