Friday, May 20, 2011

Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer Review

I was at Walgreens again refilling my monthly prescription and browsing through the cosmetics aisles when I found this Revlon product on clearance for under $3.  I looked through the rest of the selection and there were only two shades available so I got the medium shade.
 Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer
To use it, twist the bottom for concealer to pool at the tip in the brush.  Then, gently sweep the brush under the eyes and blend for coverage. The brush is very soft and the pen itself is very lightweight and easy to use.

I think that I must have gotten a really old one though because I just could not get out enough product to actually use.  I couldn't even do a swatch on the back of my hand.  I twisted the bottom portion several times but still not enough product.  I even tried shaking the pen.  What a shame.  After a couple more twists and some more dabbing with the brush, I finally got some product on to my skin but not enough to make a real difference.  I gave up after one eye and pulled out my Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer pot instead.  Concealer should not take this much effort.  :/
Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer applied under my eye
The picture above shows how little coverage I actually got from using the product.  One thing that I did not like is that the concealer stays pooled in the brush head and then dries in the brush.  The product has a shelf life of 18 months once it's opened, but with how the concealer dries up all in the brush head, I wonder about sanitation.  Other than the chic and sophisticated packaging, I don't really care for this particular concealer.

This product usually retails for around $10 so I am so glad that I did not pay more of this.  Maybe I just got a fluke, but I really don't think that I would repurchase this product anyways. A big flop for me.

Wronged by Revlon,
Cherrie

1 comment: