Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Peacock Inspired Eyes

I wanted to practice my blending so I decided to do an artsy look today.  I used colors from the Elf Every Day Brights palette to create fun this look.  I just wanted to do something fun and bright.  This is not something that I would normally wear out if I was just out and about because I prefer more muted and neutral colors, but I think that this would be a great look for the weekend and a night out on the town.  I just added the swirlies and the dots at the last minute to make the look more fun.  I couldn't decide if I wanted it to swirl up or swirl down so I did both to see which one I would like better. lol. 
I used Urban Decay Primer Potion before I applied the shadows to get a more vibrant look from the colors.  This is the first time that I have used these colors from the palette.  I did have to layer and pack on the colors to get good color payoff, but these photos do the colors no justice.  They are definitely more vibrant in real life.

I just grabbed the nearest lashes, which were the Forever 21 lashes I had blogged about before.  I thought that these were not dramatic enough for the look.  I should have layered on longer lashes on top to create more length, but still overall a great look.

Artsy eyes,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment