Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh, Oh, Oh, it's Magix!

This is the foundation that I had ordered from Avon but had to get a lighter shade.  My Avon rep had to back order this for me because I had originally gotten a shade that was much too dark, so I just got it today. I have the shade Medium and paid about $10 for it.  
This foundation is a gel to powder formula and reminds me of the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation that I bought and reviewed.  See that review here.  But upon use, I find that the Maybelline formula applies more wet upon the skin and needs loose powder on top whereas the Avon formula is more creamy and dries matte.

This Avon formula claims to leave skin shine free for up to 10 hours- which is something that I need.  I have a very oily T-zone and so I am constantly blotting with my Elf blotting papers.  Having a foundation stay matte all day would be a dream come true.  Another plus- this foundation also has SPF 15 in it. (yay for double duty!)

This formula leaves a nice matte finish, but I always dust loose powder over to seal the deal.  In my opinion, this foundation is better than the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse one. 

Formulized,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment