Monday, May 9, 2011

My Hair Routine

When I do have time in the mornings, I like to wear my hair down and straightened.  I have my hair cut shoulder length and it is layered so wearing it down is the best look. I also have bangs that sweep across my face and taming them can be such a joke sometimes so I have to have the extra time to create the look that I want. 

What I first do is brush my hair out to ensure there are no tangles.  Then I take a heat protectant spray and spray  my hair so that it's slightly damp with the product.  (I have been using Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray.) Then I flip my head upside down and run the hair dryer with the nozzle on through my hair with help of the plastic brush.  I work in 2 inch sections for this part, and go back and forth about twice before I stand back up.  This method allows me to straighten my strands quickly, but my roots often need touch ups.  
 
You can see in these photos that my roots are still very wavy, but my ends are sleek an straight.
To straighten my roots, I plug in my hair straightener and heat it up to about 410 degrees.  Then I run the straightener through my strands working in about one inch sections.  I only focus on the very top layers to ensure that I get a sleek look all around.  This method works so much faster for me than if I were to just use the hair straightener for all of my hair. 

Here are the tools and products I use to accomplish my look:
I like to use this plastic Scunci brush when blow drying because it allows for my hair to be captured in between the bristles.  I can put the nozzle on the hair dryer right up to the brush and sandwich my hair in between, allowing for a sleeker, straighter look.  It is also vented, so hot air can pass right through the brush.  I tried to take a picture of it so that I could show you what I mean, but that was an epic fail.  lol.  I don't think that I would use any other kind of brush because I wouldn't want the bristles to melt with the direct heat from the hair dryer. 

I use the brush with more bristles to brush through my hair before I start the initial blow out.  This Goody brush is made with boar bristles and I picked it up on clearance for under $3 at a drug store.

The Revlon Ionic hair dryer and Remington hair straightener I bought from Walmart a while ago, so I don't remember how much I paid for it.  The thing that I dislike about the hair straightener is that the power button and the temperature buttons are on top of the straightener, so if you're not careful, you can accidentally change the temp or turn it off while you are straightening your hair.  I have done that once or twice.  I should just splurge for an more expensive hair straightener, but for now, this one has to do. 

How do you like to wear your hair when you have time?


Straightened tresses,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment