Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Quick Elf Fix

Honest to God, I had a dream about these Elf brushes. lol.  I was in Target the other day and saw them but made myself hold off on them.  After my dream, I knew it was destiny. lol.  I went back to Target today and picked them up for $3 each.
These brushes are so soft and silky on my skin.  I can't wait to use them.  I do own the $1 Elf face brush and I think that brush is crap.  The head came off of the wooden handle so I had to superglue it back on.  This is a common problem with their $1 brushes.  The brush is also very scratchy and it just feels dirty, even after I wash it.  I also don't like that the brush bristles break off and leave little pieces all over my face.  I really don't use it at all unless I'm applying shimmer or highlighter to my shoulders and collarbone area.  

The Complexion brush is much fuller than it's $1 brother.  It is also much softer and the bristles are shorter to allow for more coverage.  I hate brush bristles that are too long and just flop all over the place.
Here are pictures of the $1 face brush to compare:

This brush is not tapered and the bristles are basically all the same length.  It is definitely more dense than the studio line one.  
 
Here is the blush brush.  This one is tapered and more pointed at the top unlike the complexion brush.  This brush design allows for a more precise application.

I also found the Elf Every Day Basics eye shadow palette on clearance for around $3.50.  I have the Every Day Brights palette if you remember, so when I saw this one on clearance I knew I had to have it.  These palettes come in a mixture of 32 sheer, shimmer and matte colors.  The Every Day Basics palette definitely has more neutral and wearable shades than the Every Day Brights one.  And you know me, I'm a sucker for neutrals.
But much to my dismay, when I opened it to take a closer look at the colors, I discovered someone else had already taken their grubby fingers and swatched most of the shades! -Insert angry and annoyed face- >:(  


But I had already throw out my receipt and didn't want to go dumpster diving so I figured I could deal.  I haven't used it yet, but I will try to create a look later on this week and do some swatches.


I also got some Elf Lipsticks for $1 each.  I have never tried their lipsticks so I was hoping for the best.
 Elf Lipstick in Classy
 Elf lipstick in Seductive
 Elf Lipsticks: Classy on left and Seductive on right
Elf Lipstick Swatches: Classy on left and Seductive on right
As you can see, these were kind of hard to swatch.  The tube was also hard to twist up, and I didn't want to force it in case I broke it.  I'm thinking that I might just use these as a cream blush instead because I am not really impressed by the swatches.

Got my Elf fix!
-Cherrie 

No comments:

Post a Comment