Saturday, May 28, 2011

Love & Beauty!

Forever 21 has recently branched out and has added affordable cosmetics to their line of trendy clothes, jewelry and shoes.  I, of course, being brave made my way to ForLove21 and picked out some items to try and review for the good of womankind.  :) 

First off, I found this five piece eye shadow set.  This comes in a gorgeous sleek gold case.  There were other color combinations available, but I played it safe and went with neutrals.  Here is the palette I picked out:
 Swatches of colors from left to right (swatched dry & w/no primer)
There is a sheer cream color that could be used as a highlight color and then a taupe, a bronze, a rose-gold and then an olive color.
So what do I think?  These are okay.  In my honest opinion, they feel super silky on my lids but really nothing to rush out and buy.  Truthfully, the packaging is what got me.  :)  

I paid $6.80 for this shadow set.  I also went and swatched the Urban Decay Naked Palette in Sephora's right after I bought these and these colors and pigmentations just pale in comparison to the UD one.  *sigh*  I'm still debating if I really need the UD Naked palette...lol. In the meantime, I will try to do a look with these colors and put in a blog entry.

Then I picked out this highlighter.  It reminds me of the Victoria's Secret Love Me Wild Radiant Face Trio's, doesn't it?  Anyways, the packaging is what got me again on this one (I love animal print).  I have been buying bronzers like crazy, trying to figure out one that will work for me but I really don't have anything with these colors. 
I paid $4.80 for this compact.  I haven't used this yet, but did a light swatch and it is pearly and shimmery.  This should work out great as a highlighter.
  
Also picked up some face masks for $1.80 each for future blog/contest giveaways.  
And then lastly, my favorite.  Lashes.  I love false lashes.  Love, love, love.  So it shouldn't surprise you that I would leave the store without any in hand.  Here are the two styles that I picked out:
These lashes were $2.80 each.  When I have time to do a look I will post up pictures of how each of these look like on. 

I only spent $21.96 in all and walked out with all of these goodies.  Sah-weet. 

Leopard print love,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment