Monday, May 9, 2011

Going Fruity!

I love cute fruit inspired nails, especially with fimo canes so I'm always experimenting and looking at tutorials on Youtube for extra inspiration. 

I created this watermelon theme on my nails by special request from  a fellow PH'er. I was going to do a tutorial but then I forgot to take pictures of every step.  Fail.  lol.  So here are some pictures that I managed to capture.  I will explain everything else.

Watermelon Nail Tutorial:
1.  Start off with clean nails.  Soak cotton ball in nail polish remover and remove any old polish/oil/lotion etc. off of all nails

2.  Apply 2 coats of your choice base coat

3.  Apply 2 coats of hot pink/fuchsia nail polish 
(I used Sinful Colors #395 Folly) 
My middle finger nail got snagged over the wknd so I had to fix it the best I could :(

4.  Using a fine brush, apply dark green french manicure tip to nails
(I used LA Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer in Bright Green- $1 each)

5.  Separate the pink from the green with a white stripe
(LA Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer in White)
   6.  Using a nail dotting pen, draw and paint light green stripes on green tips going down.
(Sinful Colors #944 in Innocent)

7.  Using a slimmer nail dotting pen, make black seeds on nails with black nail polish
(LA Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquer in Black)
Start off with a dot, then flick pen downwards to create a pointed seed.  Practice first on scratch paper if you're not as confident. ;) 

8.  Let DRY

9.  Optional- 1 coat of glitter nail polish over top
(NYC  #146A Love Letters)

10.  2 coats of clear top coat to seal everything in

TA-DA! 
I hope you get inspired by this fun fruity look!  Take care!

Mouthwatering nails,
Cherrie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment