Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flower Power- Eye MakeupTutorial

I just bought a new hanging flower pot for my deck.  Here is what the blossoms look like:

Isn't it gorgeous? I love how the buds look like pink paper lanterns right before they open up.  Lovely.

So I was inspired by the beautiful buds for my next makeup look. 
I even managed to take some pictures of what I was doing to create a little tutorial for you all.  Here we go!

1. Prep lid with eye primer.  I used UDPP
2.  Swipe Elf All Over Color stick in Pink Lemonade over lid with your fingers
 3.  Use a fluffy brush pat Nars Orgasm blush into inner corner and bring in halfway to lid
4.  Using a wet angled brush, draw a crease and an outer V with indigo color from Elf Every Day Brights Palette and blend into pink
5.  Use light pink and purples to blend out crease color and add highlight colors to lid
 6.  Line lower lash line with purple pencil.  I used Wet 'n Wild's Idol Eyes pencil.
 7.  Using liquid liners, draw decorative dots around eyes & eyebrows.  I used these liners from Wet 'n Wild.
 8. Line eyes in black liner
9. Add false lashes.  (Lashes are from Dots clothing store)
 10.  Clean up any fall out with a fan brush and loose powder
Final Look:
So I didn't have any bright fuchsia eye shadow which is why I ended up using my blush.  (That's what I get for buying too many neutrals) This was such a lovely color on my lids, but didn't translate into the bright pink of the blossoms in my flower pot.  I applied the indigo color wet so that it would be more intense but that made it kind of hard to blend out also.  In the end, the colors didn't translate like I wanted it to but it still turned out pretty. Another time perhaps, when I collect more colors I can retry this look.  :)

Petal power,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment