Monday, May 23, 2011

Elf $1 Eye Primer Review

This product was purchased at Target for $1.  I did not like the stick primer that I had purchased for $3 from Elf, but I wanted to try the liquid primer.  See that review here.

Compared to that stick primer, this one is sooo much better.  This eye primer comes in a tube and can be applied with a doe foot applicator.  I thought that the formula was a little too wet at first, but when I blended it out with my finger it absorbed beautifully into the skin.  I applied shadow over it and wore it all day without any creasing or budging.  Love!

So compared to my Urban Decay Primer Potion, the Elf Primer does not contain as much product.  The Elf Primer contains .17 oz while Urban Decay Primer holds .34 oz of formula.  Other than that, the price difference is what gets me.  I love my UDPP but don't love the price. (UDPP retails for around $18)  I also have not had to depot it yet, but have heard that it dries up very quickly when depotted.  Whereas, the Elf product is cheap and works just as well as UDPP in my personal opinion. And if I do have to depot the Elf product, I don't feel as bad if it dries up because it was only $1.

Here are swatches of the two formulas side by side so that you can see the consistency:     
 Swatches: UDPP on Left and Elf Primer on Right
The color on these are also different, UDPP is lighter in color whereas Elf has more yellow undertones.  But, when blended onto the lids, it doesn't make a huge difference to me.  

I will definitely have to go back and pick up more of these $1 primers as backups because they work so well and are budget friendly.  I would recommend this product to beginners who are looking for a primer to add to their collection.  Elf eye primer is a great find and great buy. 

Yours,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment