Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dots & Dresses

Dots is a women's clothing store that sells trendy clothes much like Rainbow, Rue21 and Debs.  I like going there to check out dresses because they are usually $24.99 and under, but unfortunately we don't have one were I live.  Since I was in Minnesota this past weekend, I took advantage of some down time and headed to Dots and Burlington to do some quick shopping with a girlfriend.  

At Dots I picked up this beautiful honeysuckle chiffon blouse.  I love the flutter sleeves and the crochet detailing on the sleeves and neckline.  It is perfect for spring and summer.  I found a couple of blouses like this one in town, (most recently @ TJ Maxx & at Gordman's from my previous shopping haul) but when I tried them on, they were cut differently and came up shorter and smaller than I would have liked.  The hem on the bottom of the shirt only came up to the waistline of my pants and the gathering on the blouse was right under my bust line.  I would have preferred that the blouse be cut longer and covered my butt so I put it back on the rack.  
I was so glad that I found this blouse at Dots in this color and in this longer cut.  I paired this blouse with black leggings and my black faux suede peep toe heels for cocktails on Saturday night while I was in MN.

I found this black braided belt in the clearance section for only $4.  I needed a simple black belt for my maxi dresses that don't have a lot of embellishments so this belt is perfect.
I also found these false lashes while I was waiting in line at the register.  They came in a couple of different styles, but I picked up these two because they looked the most wearable to me.  These were only $1.50 each!
I love the long wispy ones the most.  These look the most natural on me.  I wore these the day after I purchased them, so don't mind the left over mascara on them. I wish I would have purchased more boxes of this style but I will have to wait until June when I go back to Minnesota to collect them. :(   These crisscross lashes are great for a more dramatic evening look. I like the length on them too.

*Dots also has an online store.  You can check it out here:  http://www.dots.com/
(Online store has limited selection) 

I love summer dresses so I checked out Burlingtons which was next door to Dots.  (We also have no Burlingtons in my hometown.) They had racks upon racks of dresses to comb through, but nothing that really caught my eye.  I found this particular dress for $19.99.  I like the 2-for-1 style dresses because they don't require a lot of thought and they are flattering on me.  I have a couple of different styles but this one was different because of the beading detail on the chest and neckline and the gathered jean material skirt.  Very girly and so me!  



Twirling in Pretty Dresses,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment