Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Walgreens Haul

It's always bad, bad, bad when I have to wait at Walgreens to refill my prescription.  I get so side tracked.  :)  

Here are some goodies I picked up:
I really needed a small nail file to keep in my purse because I am constantly getting snags and breakage with my nails.  I also got a pair of nice slant tip tweezers to keep in my purse.  Both of these were .99 cents from the travel section (of course). haha.
Clipped a coupon from the Sunday paper for Cover Girl $2 off any Lip Perfection product.  I picked up # 260 Heavenly from this line.  I couldn't open up the product at the store because it was taped up, so I had to go by the color on the bottom of the tube.  I got it because it looked like a very pretty, true pink color.  When I opened it up at home, the color reminded me of the lipstick I got from Maybelline Color Sensational line, in Pink Me Up.  I swatched them both on my hand to compare:
Swatches:  Left -CG Heavenly, Right- Maybelline Pink Me Up
Heavenly has a brighter fuchsia color than Pink Me Up.  It is a satin lipstick with no shimmer.  Once I took the swatches off my hand with some makeup remover wipes, the Cover Girl lip color left a faint stain on my hand for a while so it also might temporarily stain your lips.

I also got some hair products from Garnier Fructis because I had two coupons, one for $1 off a GF shampoo or conditioner and one for $1 off any GF hair product:
I choose this shampoo because I do a lot of damage to my hair with heat products and breakage with my buns and ponytails.  I usually keep two shampoos in my shower and switch every other day, but use the same moisturizing conditioner from Tresemme.  Ever since I have switched to this hair routine, my hair has not been staticky once this entire winter season. 

I also picked up this Nutrient Spray fortified with 3 fruit oils:  olive, avocado and shea.  This bottle was originally priced at $5.99.  I was intrigued by it because I saw how one of the oils had settled to the bottom when it was sitting on the shelf.  The bright gold color also caught my eye. 
To use it, shake it up so that all the oils are combined.  Simply spray onto damp or dry hair.  I love how this product smells.  It reminds me of guava.  Very fruity at first, but the smell dissipates enough to still linger in your hair.  It left my hair shiny and smooth and still touchable. I love this product!

Picked up two new nail polishes too while I was there.  One from the Sinful Colors collection, a shimmery mint color ($1.99) and one from Wet n Wild, a metallic silver color (.69 cents on sale).
The sales clerk who worked the makeup counter was also super nice.  She gave me this free sample of shampoo and conditioner from Fekkai:
She also gave me additional coupons at the register and scanned as many as the computer would allow of the same coupon. lol. 
Sah-weet deals! 

Keep on coupon clipping,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment