Friday, April 29, 2011

Sinful Colors & Polish Haul

Yay! Sinful Colors is on sale this week at Walgreens for only .99 cents each!  I picked up six new colors today:

These nail polishes usually retail for $1.99 at Walgreens and at Target.  I love this line because it is so affordable and there is a great selection of colors.  This is my new favorite cheapie nail polish brand!  Here are swatches of the new colors I got:
 From left to right: Under 18, Folly, Soul Mate, Unicorn, Nail Junkie & Frenzy
 Closer look:  Under 18, Folly, Soul Mate
 
Left to right:  Unicorn, Nail Junkie, Frenzie
Did I mention that I absolutely love the names!  So creative!  Under 18 is a metallic bronze red, Folly is a bright fuchsia color, Soul Mate is a dusty rose, Unicorn is a pastel yellow, Nail Junkie is tinted blue polish with light blue, green and aqua glitter and Frenzy is blue and purple glitter with clear polish.  

I didn't swatch these on my nails because I just did my nails last night with a purple glitter gradient look:
 Colors and brands used in order:
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine # 401 Clear Nail Protector (2 coats as base)
NYC #146 in Love Letters (2 coats all over nails)
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine #465 in Wild Card (2 coats only at tips)
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine #435 Sparked (1 coat halfway on nail)
Wet n' Wild Fast Dry NP #234C Hannah Pinktana 
(2 coats only on tips)
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine #401 again (2 coats to top off)

If you like this look, I would recommend watching Szuchnic's video on Youtube for this nail tutorial.  

While I was at Walgreen's I also picked up two new nail polishes from Wet n' Wild.  These were on sale for .69 cents each.
I picked up #402, Tickled Pink and #469 in Hallucinate.  I think this soft pastel pink would be great paired with the pastel yellow (Unicorn) I also got.  So great for spring! 

Then I also trolled the clearance area and found that some of the Sally Hanson Salon Effects polish strips were on clearance for only $5.  I nabbed the butterfly strips #330, Fly With Me, right away.  These polish strips usually retail for around $9.99 each, so these were a steal.  I have never tried them before so I am excited!  

My poor nails are also almost all grown out now, where the ridges from having acrylics on are almost to the tips of my nails.  Once these ridges are gone, I will have a smoother base on my nails so these strips will apply more evenly and not accentuate them so much.  Once I decide to apply these I will post more pictures, a review and a the final look for you all.

Waving with fancy nails,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment