Monday, April 11, 2011

Maybelline FitMe Concealer Review

So I have heard mixed reviews from this particular line but I wanted to try it for myself.  I had a coupon for $1 off any Maybelline FitMe product so I ventured out to my favorite store to see what I could find.  Once I got there though, I swear I stood in front of the Maybelline foundations for like, ten minutes.  lol.  My dilemma was that I could not figure out which shade I was! (I know - the irony) My biggest pet peeve is when people open up makeup and swatch/use the stuff and then put it back on the shelf (ew) so I would never open up something in the store just to try it.

So anyways, I was trying to decide on which foundation color to get and I had narrowed it down to two shades...but in the end I put both of them back.  I decided to pick up the concealer in #25 Medium from this line instead because I had already hit pan on my ELF concealer palette. 

I was really excited to try this concealer, but when I got home and took off the packaging, I was really disappointed.  The color that shows up on the tube is NOT the color that is inside the tube.  The reason that I picked the concealer instead of the foundation is because there were only two color choices available for each 'level' of skin tones, so I assumed that the concealer colors would be more universal on the medium skin tones.  

I was wrong.  The one thing I noticed right away was an orangey, red tone to it when I opened it up.  I even gave it the benefit of the doubt and applied it under my foundation today, but I just didn't like it.

The other concealer from the 'medium' skin tone line was even darker than the one I picked up, so if I did plan on trying another color, I would have to go to the 'fair' collection to try and find my color.

So although the concealer was a miss, I think I will still try the foundation from this line.  Now that warmer weather is here, I think that I will opt for the darker one of the two shades I was contemplating the other day.  Once I pick that up, I will post a review and pictures.

Disappointed, 
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment