Friday, April 15, 2011

Elf Eye Shadow Palette

I am so glad that my local Target finally has a permanent Elf cosmetics display.  I have picked up several things to try.  The first thing that I had picked up from from Elf is this eye shadow palette.
I got this palette for $4.99.  I choose it because I liked the range of the colors that were available but upon opening it, I was disappointed that the packaging made the palette look so much bigger than it actually was. Most of the colors in this palette were shimmers, which was fine with me because I like shimmer shadows.  For the range of colors, there is only one matte color for each range.  I swatched some colors from the palette.  These are shown with NO primer underneath:
purple shimmer and matte purple
gray shimmer and matte gray
matte brown and shimmer brown
As you can see, the shimmer colors from this palette are much more pigmented than the matte colors.  The purples and pinks from this palette could be more pigmented as well.  They look so brilliant in the palette, but on your eyes, you really have to layer them on.

Here is a look I created with the pinks and the purples from this palette.  I used Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath, but you can see that the colors are still pretty sheer. But I think that for the price you pay, this palette is nice if you really like working with shimmery shadows.  
Gold & bronze colors from palette
Having fun with colors,
Cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment